photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

17 December 2014

WHAT ARE THE DRUGSTORE BRANDS BEST AT?

It obvious from my little blog that I am a drugstore girl through and through. Sure, we all love the occasional bit of luxury but when the likes of the brands found in Boots and Superdrug are pushing out beauty products that rival, and in a lot of cases beat, high end brands then splashing out can be a little silly. (Disclaimer: I'm not telling you what you can or can't spend your money on. You earned it so spend £50 on foundation and feel amazing if you want. I would if I could afford to.) BUT the high street does bring IT.

Having said that, from trying out a lot of products I've have realised that some brands can be amazing at making one type of product but really suck at another. So today I bring you what I feel brands do the best at...



BASE: I raved my love for L'Oréal's True Match foundation earlier this month and I can't see myself getting bored of it anytime soon. The coverage and finish is perfect. The shade range is brilliant considering it is high street and the price just makes it even better. L'Oréal also do a great primer in their Nude Magique range. This is there Blur Cream and is pretty similar to Benefit's POREfessional, which you know I love, but this is less than half the price. The Blur Cream isn't as thick consistency as Benefit but I feel it does a similar job at smoothing over the skin and filling in the pores.

CONCEALER: I don't think any explanation is really needed here... Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer, I have used this for absolute years. It covers blemishes, redness and can be used under the eyes. I tend to use a brightening concealer for under eyes but I'm not against using this there instead! I realise buying numerous concealers could be seen as a little silly when one technically does it all. But hey! We all have hobbies. Mine is collecting makeup, apparently.

POWDER: Until recently the crown for this would have gone to Rimmel for their Stay Matte Pressed Powder (which is excellent value for money) but as I mentioned recently, Bourjois have knocked the ball out of the park! I find I generally don't need to reapply this during the day. It keeps the shine at bay and isn't cakey at all!

BLUSH & HIGHLIGHT: This was hard choice. I was struggling to pick between Rimmel, Sleek and Revlon but in the end I went for Bourjois for this one too. When I don't know what to put on my cheeks I always reach for their cream blush in 03. I've hit pan too which I've never done with a blush! These are cream to powder finish but are so pretty and they blend so nicely. For highlight, I went for Topshop. I don't really own too many highlighters, especially drugstore, but this is just wonderful. It can be used on the cheekbones, inner corner and cupids bow and it's so pretty!

EYES & BROWS: SLEEK. I bloody love Sleek! For brows, Benefit is the place to go but for a cheaper alternative I love Sleek's Eyebrow Stylist. It has a waxy crayon one end and a spoolie on the other. It's so good and only £7! Their eye shadow palettes are incredible too. They have so many different colour selections.My favourite is the Au Naturel palette. It has all the neutral shades you could possibly need and these are also the only eyeshadows I've ever hit pan on too.

LINER & MASCARA: Eyeliner without a shadow of a doubt went to Rimmel. I've pretty much tried every liquid liner in Boots but this one always wins. It's Rimmel's Glame Eyes liner and I've repurchased over and over and over. I like the applicator as it's quite long but not flimsy so you can do a good wing with it. For mascara, I thought about L'Oréal or Maybelline, who both do excellent mascaras, but I looked in my drawer and I had a few Bourjois ones and they are what I reach for most often. I love the 1 Seconde Volume Mascara so much! It gives such instant volume, it just blows my brain.

LIPS: Finally, my favourite of all the products! This was so difficult because I have so many lipsticks! I settled on Rimmel because the formula of them is beyond brilliant. The Kate Moss collaboration have beautiful colours and the Matte 107 is my favourite lipstick... EVER. Their Moisture Renewal formulas are so shiny but not sticky and highly pigmented and long lasting. Also, they are great value. I think they're around £5! You pay £15 for MAC lipsticks so this way you can have 3 lipsticks instead of 1. BOOM.

What brands do you like best for which products? Any the same as me?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Rimmel lipsticks! and 107 and 111 and a must have for every beauty obsessive's collection!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.