photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

20 October 2014

FOTD: PURE RED LIPS

I wore this makeup to my sister's birthday meal last week. I was going to upload in the week but then I got poorly and I ended up going out yesterday so today will do, I'm sure!

I recently bought one of the new L'Oréal red lipsticks and I'm absolutely loving it so here it is in action..!

I think it was about a year ago when L'Oréal got a bunch of famous ladies and created a nude lipstick for each of them. What was really great about this was that each lady was of a different skin tone: from pale to dark skin. The idea being that there would be one as close to your own skin tone and as a result you'd be able to find the perfect nude for you. I never actually tried these and I've never actually tried L'Oréal's lipsticks in general.
They've now done the same thing for red lipstick. Now I love a red lip so this was very exciting. I stood at the stand and umm'd and ah'd for a very long time swatching both Julianne Moore's and Blake Lively's colours all over my hand. I settled for Blake's Pure Red. This red to me is the definition of "true red lipstick". The Julianne one seemed a little more on the orange tone side of spectrum (but I am tempted to go back for it now I've seen it on Vivianna Does Makeup.Obviously.)




When I'm going out somewhere nice I always use the Benefit The POREfessional primer. I've spoken loads about my love for this but it just keeps the makeup where it needs to be and gives a lovely smooth, flawless finish.
For foundation I used my NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc. At first I wasn't sure about this foundation but I've grown to really love it. You can get  really decent coverage and it just looks great. I concealed under my eyes with the peach side of the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer and then Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory to brighten the area. Since my skin has been crazy and then finally calmed down somewhat, I've tried not using concealer on my blemishes. I've found my foundation doing the job enough but on this day I did have a couple nasties and redness on my chin s I used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.

For eyes, I filled my eyebrows in slightly with the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist. I really love this product. I'm actually on my second one! It's just waxy enough to stay in place and it's not scratchy like pencils can be. It has a great spoolie on the end too.
I used the Avon Eyeshadow Primer all over my lids and then I used a new palette I have which is the Avon 8-in-1 Eye Shadow Palette in Not So Neutral. I'm going to review it very soon because it is just lovely! The colours are great and buttery and last all day. I used the copper colour on a blending brush and ran it through the crease/socket area and then patter a gold colour al over the lid space and then kind of just used the brush to blend both of them together (because it didn't really go as planned...)
For eyeliner I used my trusty Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner and I used the amazing Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Mascara on my lashes. This stuff gives serious volume and definition.

I have got into bronzer recently, which is odd as I usually steer way clear but I have just been dusting a teeny bit of the MUA Bronzer in shade 3 around the edge of my face and a little under my cheek bones just to warm the face. I then dabbed in a little of the Stila Convertible Colour Blush in Poppy on my cheeks and added a touch of Topshop Glow Cream Highlighter in Polished just on top of my cheek bones.
I then pressed in a little bit of the ELF HD Powder because I knew there'd be some photos going on and this stuff is amazing at giving you "perfect" skin!

And then obviously finished with the L'Oréal Blake Pure Red Lipstick.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing the valuable blog with us. Keep sharing helpful information.
    Vist Us: sheer pantyhose

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.