photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

31 August 2014

LET'S TALK CONCEALERS

I short while ago I did a post called "Let's Talk Cleansers" and last year I did a similar post on eyeliner so today it's the turn of the concealers...




My skin hates me. I look after it. I take my makeup off as soon as I get home from work. I clean my face in the morning and again in the evening. I have very blemished skin (it is mainly due to medical reasons unfortunately) but I cannot get rid of the spots and so concealer is one of my best friends. So here's what is in my beauty stash at the moment...

The Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer is excellent. It's £10 and in that there is two shade of concealer - a peach tone for under eyes and a more yellow tone for blemishes - and there's also a setting powder with mini powder puff! The peach toned concealer is my current favourite concealer. It cancels out any darkness under my eyes excellently. I don't find it budges or creases and I don't even both using the setting powder most of the time. The other tone in the compact is far too yellow for my skin but I'm more than happy to pay the £10 for the peach tone. It's supposedly a good dupe for the Bobbi Brown Corrector though, I have never used that to comment.

I have reviewed the ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer before and it is very full coverage and a very thick consistency. I have sometimes used this as a almost all over face when I need a lot of coverage and just skip foundation. It's great on stubborn and angry blemishes but maybe a little too cakey for under eyes.

The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer has been in my collection since it launched a couple years back. I hated the foundation from this range but the concealer is wonderful. It's very brightening for under the eyes. I wouldn't recommend for spot as I think it makes them stand out a lot more rather than cover them up!

The Garnier Roll On is a concealer I have a real love affair with. When it runs out I can't see me repurchasing. If you're after coverage, this is not for you. On very rare occasions my under eyes don't look too sleepy, this is really good. The roller ball is actually very soothing so sometimes I use this, dab it in and then go in with the Soap & Glory one.

 The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and Seventeen Stay Time Concealer are very new additions. My beloved Collection Lasting Perfection (more in a moment...) came to the end of its life. I usually have back ups but I have been unable to find my shade (1 Fair) ANYWHERE. I've looked in all the Boots, Superdrug's and Tesco's and they are all discriminating against us Casper-types. I've ever raided the drawers where they keep the replen stock. Nothing. The Seventeen one I tried first. Comparing the coverage to the Collection one, this just does not cut it and especially when my skin can get as angry as it does. It's pretty decent for under eyes though. The Maybelline one is actually very similar to Collection though. I think it's about £1 more expensive and I don't really understand how they code their shades (10 was loads darker than 15...) but the coverage is quite similar and it blends really well so this may fill the Lasting Perfection shaped hole in my life.

But on to the star... Collection Lasting Perfection. I first bought this way back when the brand was Collection 2000. It was one of the first pieces of makeup I ever bought. It covers spots like a dream, it's cheap and so easy to blend in. The packaging always rubs off which is a little annoying but I guess for the price you can't grumble. Please though Collection... don't tell me shade 1 is discontinued?!

What are your favourite concealers? Any of these?

AND IS ANYONE ELSE STRUGGLING TO FIND SHADE 1?! :')

4 comments:

  1. Definitely feel your pain about your skin - I had medical problems that meant my skin could've made for a very impressive dot-to-dot picture, but thankfully it's cleared up now (the joy of medication ha!).
    I definitely think Maybelline's Fit Me concealer is the best I've used, mainly because I kept having the same problem with Collection's version - no fair, anywhere! I even tried getting the shade up and blending it with my foundation, but it was not a good look at all.
    I wanted to try the Garnier roll-on, but if it's not got good coverage, I don't think I'll bother - I'm Mediterranean, so the dark circles need plenty of cover ha xx

    francesca | on-thebias | fashion, beauty, lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about your skin when you look after it so well! The only ones I've tried are: the Rimmel Wake Me Up which I love, and the Collection concealer which was a disappointment for me! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the fit me and I adore it, it works very well ! I always use a concealer :)
    Céline from Demoiselle Prune

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been itching to try the Kick Ass Concealer! Between that and the NARS Creamy Concealer.. my wish list is pretty full. x

    Jenna Want

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.