photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

19 July 2014

NEW IN: REVIEWS #5 - IN ACTION!

Wow, it has been a good few months since I did one of these posts. If you're new to this corner of the Internet, every so often I put together all the products I've bought over the previous few weeks and do mini reviews on them.
I hadn't really accumulated too much prior to now but very recently I have had a little splurge so I have decided to put all the new things on my face and combine reviews with a Face of the Day. Look at that for multitasking!







I treated myself to the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation when I was in London recently. Everyone raves this foundation, and other than the £31 price tag, I was put off by the words "sheer" and "glow" - two things I don't want from a foundation. My friend bought it recently and it looked amazing so I decided to get matched up. I got the shade Mont Blanc but I believe there is one shade lighter than may have been a little better suited as some days I feel it's a touch too dark. I really like it though. It's a good medium buildable coverage and I had expected it to be dewy finish but it sits in a nice place between dewy and matte that looks really lovely. I think when my skin starts behaving more it will look even better! What is annoying is that you have to buy a pump separately. Whilst it's only £3, the foundation is already £31 and good luck trying to find one in store! I managed to get one off the Space NK website. It is usable without a pump but potentially messier.

I've never tried a Bourjois mascara before but I saw a couple of good reviews about the new 1 Seconde Volume mascara they had released and was intrigued. The wand is very odd - it has like little balls in between the bristles. I'm not entirely sure what they do but I'm going to put it out there and say it's my favourite ever mascara. Instant volume and length, it's easy to remove and doesn't give me panda eyes.

I had come to the end of my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer and I cannot for the life of me find my shade anywhere (1 Fair - please tell me it's not discontinued!?) I've had all the drawers under the make up stands open looking for it but nothing. I saw one on the Seventeen counter that looked similar called 18 Hour Stay Time - a bold statement. I got the shade Extra Fair. I have only been using this a week or so and I can't decide yet. It doesn't have the same thickness/coverage as the Collection one but I don't think this is going to be a bad thing once my skin clears up somewhat. (I am having a total acne related nightmare at the moment).

I spotted this new gel eyeliner from Maybelline - their Lasting Drama Black Shock. I have used their little gel pot eyeliner for some time and I hadn't heard about this release but it looks shockingly similar to the new Benefit They're Real gel liner at only a fraction of the price. I wasn't too interested in trying the Benefit one as my true love lies with liquid liner but then I saw this and I couldn't resist. I do really like it too. It does transfer a bit but if I remember to prime my lids first them I'm good to go! I do find it a little trickier to get a good flick though.

Another new release, this time from No7. This is their Shade and Define eyeshadow stick. I got the shade Coffee Bean which is a lovely chocolate colour. The By Terry Blackstar Ombré's were something that the beauty bloggers have recently gone crazy over and these are a supposed dupe. It's so creamy and super easy to blend. I usually wipe it across the lash line and drag up through the crease and blend it all across. It lasts all day but definitely get better results with a primer.

Finally, probably my most impulse buy possibly ever(?!) I was just about to get to the till in Boots and I noticed a tiny Stila counter that I'd never noticed in there before. I know that loads of beauty gurus love the brand but it is a little pricey. I saw the Convertible Colour lip/cheek creams though and then I remembered Essie Button and she used to talk about them all the time. So I had to swatch and before I knew it I had the shade Poppy in my basket and I was at the till. It was £16 which is probably too much and if I thought about it I probably wouldn't have bought but I love it. It is so pigmented, last all day and the colour is beautiful. as with most lip/cheek products it does one job better than the other. I tried it on my lips but it was pretty drying.


L'Oréal Nude Magique Blur Cream "Light/Medium"
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation "Mont Blanc"
Seventeen 18 Hour Stay Time Concealer "Extra Fair"
Benefit Browzings "Dark"
Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner
No7 Shade and Define Eyeshadow "Coffee Bean"
Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Mascara
Stila Convertible Colour "Poppy"
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural "Light"
Revlon Matte Balm "Elusive"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.