photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

28 June 2014

WHAT'S IN MY TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG?

This week I spent a few days in London. It was first ever time going there and I was so excited and it was wonderful. I'm going to do a post about it all next week with some of my photos. But today, here's the beauty bits I packed to take with me for the few days I was there...




I tried to streamline as much as possible but I can fit a hell of a lot of stuff in that teeny Primark makeup bag.

Primer: I got a sample of Benefit's The POREfessional in a magazine a bit ago and I hadn't used it yet so I took that with me instead of a full tube. I love this primer and it completely deserves all the hype.

Foundation: obviously L'Oréal's True Match in C1 Rose Ivory. I may have made a cheeky visit to THE Selfridges on Oxford Street and may have visited the NARS counter whilst I was in London so this category may be changing in my everyday routine very soon...

Concealer: I've been putting concealer on before foundation recently and then not using as much foundation. I've been using the peach toned side of the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer for under my eyes and then the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on blemishes. The other side of the Soap & Glory concealer really doesn't work for me but I love the peach tone. It's perfect for cancelling those dark circles.

Powder: I got out of the habit of wearing powder but as it's been getting hotter (and boy London was HOT), I've been adding it back into my routine because nobody wants shiny face. I took MAC's Mineralised Skin Finish Natural in Light with me. I like this because it really gives a lovely finish to the makeup as well as adding a teeny bit of coverage with it not being translucent.

Eyebrows: Nothing is beating Sleek's Eyebrow Stylist for me right now. It's just waxy enough and makes filling in a doddle! And it has a spoolie on the other end. It's fantastic and I can't recommend it enough. I have the "dark" shade.

Eyes: For liner I took the L'Oréal Super Liner. I bought this a couple of weeks ago. It's kind of got a felt tip applicator but you do dip in in the liquid unlike most felt tip liners. I do actually like this but I am having transfer issues with it. It seems to always end up on my brow bone no matter what.
Instead of taking an eyeshadow palette I took the Rimmel Scandaleyes Liquid Eyeshadow in Rich Russett. This stuff dries and then does not budge even a millimetre! So it is perfect for long days. And the colour is lovely.
Mascara, I obviously took L'Oréal's Miss Manga. I'm still really loving this mascara, it does everything I want it to. Though now it is getting hot, I find when it's on my bottom lashes it does smudge a bit.

Blush/Contour: I couldn't decide which blush to take with me so I ended up taking two. I took the Bourjois Cream Blush in 03 as it's a perfect everyday blush and so easy to apply. But then I knew we were going to the theatre on Monday so I took Sleek's Rose Gold Blush too as that adds in some highlight. It's my favourite night time blusher. And then for contour, I obviously took my NYX Blush in Taupe. Perfect contour shade for my milk-like skin tone(!)

Lips: This is always a hard decision but I decided to take the three Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets That I have (Hot Pepper, Olé Flamingo, Pink Pong) because their lasting power is incredible and that saves me the topping up job throughout the day when I am busy being a tourist!

Phew! There we go then. So look out for my post about my trip next week!

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely picks - the Sleek blush in Rose Gold is such a gorgeous colour, and I love the look of the Rouge Edition velvet glosses, they're beautiful :)
    Mia xx
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.