photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

15 April 2014

NEW IN: REVIEWS #4

Time for the 4th installment of mini reviews on new things I've bought. I imagine the next time I do this there will be quite a bit to talk about if last week's haul is anything to go by...


Benefit Gimme Brow 'Medium/Dark' | No7 Pop & Glow Cream Blush 'Classic Rose' | Nuxe Rêve de Miel | Barry M Aquarium Collection Nail Polish 'Mediterranean' | Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish '621 Mary Mary Quite Contrary'



Benefit released their new brow product a month or so back and it got a lot of expected hyped. It was actually the day it launched that I had gone to my local Benefit Brow Bar to have my brows sorted and she put this on afterwards. I'm already a massive fan of the Browzings and when I get home and looked at my brows in my own mirror I decided I need to buy this. I'm not down on the whole science behind this but it's supposed to have some kind of fibres in it to help volumise the eyebrow hairs for fuller looking brows. I mean, it doesn't turn me into Cara but they definitely make them look thicker and it's also a bit of a brow gel. Sometimes I just use this and sometimes I'll use it over the top of other brow products. I have the medium/dark shade but it does come in a light/medium. However, having seen swatches, there doesn't seem an awful lot between them. I really like this product. The brush is teeny so great for precise application.

I saw quite a few posts on the new No7 Pop & Glow Cream Blushes. I'm loving cream blushes at the moment and this is a cream blush in a stick. The idea, to wipe on to the cheeks and blend. With having foundation already at this point it makes the blush stick pretty "dirty" but I found wiping my fingers on it and then putting on my cheeks just didn't work. I really wanted to like this but I feel like it just doesn't last two minutes. It seems to break down and separate so quickly which is a massive shame because the colour is so pretty. It's also £10 which did put me off straight away but then I got one of those magic No7 £3 off vouchers to cushion the blow slightly.

I showed the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm in my haul last week but I did by this a month ago and I have used it every day since so I feel I can safely review it now. My lips have been SO dry lately which is really unusual for me. After giving in to yet more hype I bought this after seeing it on offer on Amazon. (Well, it was still £6.50 for lip balm but you know...) Full price is normally £9.50 which is a little crazy but having used it, it is so worth it. Especially if your lips are in need of some serious TLC. The consistency is a little strange to describe. It's quite thick and feels a bit waxy. It lasts forever though! You can still feel it on your lips after a good 4/5 hours! So definitely not a getting ready in the morning lip balm, unless you aren't putting anything else on your lips. I've found this has really helped soften up my lips. Also, it smells of chocolate orange. Winner.

Final products are two nail varnishes. One being from the new Barry M Aquamarine collection which is full of shades to make you feel like a mermaid. I chose Mediterranean (after an insane amount of deliberation) which is orange and pink shimmery and just so beautiful. You can very easily get away with one coat for full colour but I usually do put on two coats. It last me a good 4/5 days without chipping.
The other nail varnish is from Rimmel's 60 Seconds line which, besides their Salon Pro range, is probably one of my favourites for nail polish. This colour instantly grabbed me. It's a very muted lilac, almost grey colour. (Side note: Rimmel also do the cutest polish names!) The first time I wore this I had to put 3/4 coats on to get an opaque pay off and they chipped so quickly that I gave up and removed it after two days and I was so disappointed. Last week I tried it again and I managed to get decent coverage with two coats. It was still a little streaky but definitely better. It seemed to last slightly longer too. I think I'll have to give it another run to fully decide but I've been left sad that it's so beautiful but it just doesn't work for me.


Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.