photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

22 May 2013

WISHLIST #4

Exciting news in my life... I finally got myself a new job. I've worked in retail since I was 16. I've been made redundant twice and although for all those years working it has pretty much been full time, my contract hasn't been full time so hours vary so much and I never know how much money I'm going to earn each month. I used to love retail but I've quickly fallen out of love with it and I've been wanting to change fields, learn something new and find full time work for a while. I've managed to get myself a full time job in an office as an admin assistant and it's going to be a lot of work but I'm really excited. I've done a couple shifts already but I properly start at the beginning of June. It also means I get my weekends back and won't need to be getting up at 6.30am on a Saturday morning!

So, I've just under 2 weeks left of being a retail girl so I'm going to have to spend on my staff card whilst I still have it and I do need some suitable office attire. So here's another wishlist post!




Apologies for it being Topshop heavy but gotta get that discount whilst I can!

I love me a good jersey dress. So easy to just throw on when I don't know what to wear. Admittedly I have too many but I love the button and pocket details on this one and it makes it different from the others I have. According to the website, though, it isn't in my local store. Boo!
I've also been after a Breton striped top like this for a while but ideally I'd rather have black than navy stripes. I'm not really a navy lover. This looks oversized and perfect for tucking into shorts though.
I've already bought sunglasses this year and I always buy aviator style ones but there's something about these ones that I love. Not sure I'm too keen on the tortoise shell design though...
If you've never used Topshop makeup, I really recommend it. I have a few of the lipsticks already but I love this colour. Not really a summery colour but it looks really rich and the formula of their lipsticks is brilliant. They've also recently launched the Lip Bullets, which look a bit like the ELF lip colours I bought here, but definitely keen to try out the Topshop version (even if they're more expensive!) I've also got really into blush recently and I'm looking at trying out cream blushes. I've got an MUA one which I like but the colour isn't very pigmented.

I tried a denim playsuit on in Forever 21 recently but it had a cut out back design and that made it not really fit me on my back but I really like the look of them. Hopefully my store will have this so I can try it and see if I can pull it off! When I tried the other one, the colour of the denim and the fit of it made me look like I'd been kicked out of the 90's.
I've always really liked blazers but I've never been able to wear them. They seem too formal for normal day wear and they don't fit in with what I wear when I'm at work. However, with my new job I can totally get away with it, yay! I already have a boring black one but this colour is beautiful!

Finally, everyone and their dog has the top of the finger rings from River Island now and I want them. I actually want the ones that are like criss-cross but the website doesn't seem to have them anymore. I never realised how reasonably priced River Island's jewellery was before either, just a little side note.


I think I may have to take a trip to town this weekend now. What are you lusting after at the moment?


I'm seriously so excited to start a new chapter in my life (hey cheesy!) but this year I really wanted to sort my life out finally and I feel like this is going to get me somewhere.
And I know my blog posts aren't very routined but once I start my new job properly, I'm not going to be free during any weekdays so posts may get even more sparse. But bare with me and stick around and once my personal life is in order, I can properly work on the blog! 

Hope you are all wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the job! and i can definitely recommend the bretton topshop top, i bought it not so long ago and it's quickly become my favourite t-shirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw congrats on the new job! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.