photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

28 January 2013

MAKE-UP HAUL

Howdy!
I thought I'd just show you some of the bits of make-up I've bought over the last couple of weeks. I'm sure there's actually more than this but I'm staring at all my make-up and I can't even think what stuff I've bought that's new or old. Which probably is a sign I buy too much.



Sleek 'Au Naturel' Palette | Rimmel 3 in 1 Powder Blush in '004 Winter Glow' | ELF Blush in 'Peachy Keen' | ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer in 'Porcelain' | Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation '103 True Ivory' | B. Even Skintone Corrector | Rimmel Apocolips in 'Big Bang' | Garnier Roll-On | L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara in 'Black' | L'Oréal False Lash Telescopic Mascara in 'Magnetic Black' | Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in '005 Nude' | MUA Lip Liner in 'Pink Me Up'





So yeah, this is just a collection of products I've bought over the last month and I'm sure a few of them will be in my January Favourites (which I will hopefully post one day this week.)

I totally love Sleek makeup and I already have the Storm palette but I've wanted the Au Naturel one for so long and finally managed to get it. Usually it's always sold out and this was the last one at the time too. The colours are so pretty and I like that the shades have names unlike the Storm palette.

Couple of blushes, next. The 3 in 1 Rimmel blush I got for £1/2 (I can't fully remember) from the Boots clearance shelf. If you haven't been to your local Boots and seen this then get yourself there now! I've picked up so many bargains this last month from it. I even got so Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo for 30p! The colour pay off from the blush is beautiful and the pigmentation is amazing too.
I only got the ELF blush a couple of days ago but the colour is very pretty and I definitely want more ELF blushes now. Also, in the ELF order I made I got the Maximum Coverage Concealer. Today was the first day I've used it and I'm very impressed. I think I may do a review on this once I've used it more, actually.

Rimmel is probably my favourite drugstore brand on the whole so after seeing people rave about the Wake Me Up Foundation for so long I decided to try it (and it was on offer in Boots). I can't decide on my opinion yet though. I prefer matte finishes and this is a dewy finish. Maybe it will be a better foundation for summer so I'll keep trying it for a while yet but as it stands, I am reaching for my No.7 foundation more than this.
The Rimmel Apocolips however... wow! I bought it a couple of days ago and IN LOVE. Just as the entire blogging world seems to be. It's sort of a cross between a lipstick and lipgloss but not sticky like a lipgloss. They've been compared to the YSL Glossy Stains but I don't have one of those to be able to comment. The colour I have (Big Bang) is a really bright red. So lovely! Definitely recommend and I'm probably going to end up with more colours.

This B. make-up and skincare range is new to Superdrug. I got a sample of the eye cream through my letter box the other day and I have only used it twice but I really like it. I went to look at the whole range and picked up with Skintone Corrector because I'm really unhappy with mine! Hopefully this will do the job it says. I will keep you posted.
The Ganier Roll-On is another majorly hyped product and as it was half price in Superdrug I decided to try it. I'm not overly sold on it so I'm glad I didn't pay full price. It's quite soothing on the skin when you apply it but the coverage is too light for my liking and I can't see a difference in coverage dark circles unless I use it with another concealer.

And lastly a couple of mascaras. For the past few years I have been ever faithful to Maybelline's Falsies mascara and I have been wanting to try out different ones but I don't want to be disappointed and then have to keep using it because mascaras are too expensive to throw out, in my opinion. I saw the L'Oréal Telescopic in the clearance shelf in Superdrug for £4.99 instead of the usual £10.99 price tag so I couldn't ignore that bargain. I've used it a couple of times and I really like the wand of it. I don't think it gives the same volume but I do really like it and it does a good job of my bottom lashes (which I don't think the Maybelline does). I ended up going back to get the False Lash Telescopic and I'm yet to use that, and I am going to try hold off until I've used all my current mascaras, but I am excited by it! Let me know if you use it.

I have just realised that one thing I forgot to photograph was an eyeshadow palette by MUA. It is the 'Starry Night' palette which I got from the Superdrug clearance for £2 because one of the eyeshadows was cracked! I cleaned it up and there's still some of the eyeshadow in the pan but to be honest it's a colour I probably won't use so that's another bargain!



7 comments:

  1. Oohh, i have the sleek palette i just don't use it as often as i thought i would - definitely need to find that and start using it more often though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try out the Wake Me Up Foundation, it's been calling my name for weeks, but I have so many foundations to use up! The Apocolips gloss looks amazing, it's become such a big buzz in the beauty sphere this past week, can't wait to get my hands on one :)

    Laura x
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get the natural sleek palette! looks really nice and i've heard so many good things
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love telescopic mascara! I need some more, I haven't had any for an age and I think it is just gorgeous! I need to get my paws on some Apocalips!
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your Jan faves! Rachelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try a Sleek eye shadow palette!

    Ellie

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.